Journal items are published collectively online as part of an issue.
The journal appears 2 times a year - with an additional "special section" if applicable. Contact us for more information regarding a special section.
Open Access Policy
Moses Kotane Institute is an Open Access journal which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, as underwritten by the MKI license, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. See also our Copyright Notes.
Summary of the code of conduct
Publication ethics and malpractice statement
1. Publication and authorship:
- Authors must list all references used in/for the article
- Authors must acknowledge financial support received and from which organization or firm
- Authors acknowledge that the article/s is their own original work and that no other author's work has been used without referencing or in a manner which constitutes plagiarism.
- Authors acknowledge that their data is real and verifiable and that no fraudulent data is used
- Authors may not submit an article that has been published in another journal; nor may they submit to other journals when published in MKIJ. Articles must be published exclusively in MKIJ.
2. Author's responsibilities:
- Authors are obliged to participate in the review process and refusal to do so may result in articles not being published or retracted
- Only people who contributed significantly to the research and/or article can be listed as "author". People who contributed in a lesser role must be acknowledged as ˜contributor"
- Authors must provide retractions or corrections of any mistakes found by the reviewers
3. Peer review / responsibility of reviewers:
- Judgments will be objective
- Reviewers should have no conflict of interest with respect to the research, the authors and/or the funders of the research
- Reviewers should point out relevant published work which is not yet cited
- Reviewers will treat reviewed articles as confidential
4. Editorial responsibilities:
- The editor-in-chief or the managing editor has complete authority to reject or accept articles
- Editors should have no conflict of interest with respect to articles they reject or accept
- The editor/s will only accept a paper when reasonably certain that all conditions have been met by the author/s
- The editor will promote the publication of corrections or retractions when errors are found in published work
- The editor will preserve the anonymity of the reviewers
5. REVIEWERS - How to do a review:
Open the link that was sent in the email and scroll down to Review Steps. At number 3 you can click on Review (with the bubble next to it) - this opens a form where you can enter comments to both the editor and author or only to the editor.
OR at number 4 you can load a document with your comments. Click on Browse to find the file on your computer and then Upload to save it.
At the bottom use the drop-down box to set your recommendation to the editor.
Finally click on Submit Review to Editor at the bottom to send it to the Editor-in-Chief or managing editor
On the next screen click OK if you are satisfied with your review.